"Hopefully this Buck won't stopone of the best damn MilBloggers to ever knock sand from his boots." -- The Mudville Gazette

« Home | INCOMING HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS » | THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD » | RETURN OF TALES FROM THE FRONT » | FIVE YEARS & CHANGE » | WIN, LOSE, OR DRAWDOWN » | THE BUCK STOPS HERE » | REPATRIATE GAMES » | OUTTAKES FROM THE FRONT » | MIND THE GAP » | HEADS THEY WIN, TAILS WE LOSE »

BLOG UNDER CONSTRUCTION



If a writer goes to war for a year, he will have enough to write about for the rest of his lifetime.
-Ernest Hemingway


New colors, new fonts, new pictures! What's not to love?!

This is the brand-new release of AMERICAN CITIZEN SOLDIER version 2.0!

In an attempt to make the site more user friendly I've included a ton more to look at, point at, and click on. If it's overkill, then I apologize, but you'll just have to get used to it for the time being. Though of course any critiques or suggestions are always welcome.

You'll notice that the new URL has been simplified also, though the previous domain name will still work just fine. No link updates are necessary. I hope to eventually add a more extensive blogroll to include everyone who has been generous enough to link to my site, but if I mistakenly leave you out, please email me.

This will be my final year in the military, with any luck to be spent entirely stateside. I will do my best to use my previous experience to help illuminate as best I can what lies ahead for our country in what President Bush once called "The Struggle Against Ideological Extremists Who Do Not Believe in Free Societies Who Happen to Use Terror as a Weapon to Try to Shake the Conscience of the Free World."

And people say he's not eloquent.

Hey how did you get your archives to read by the years instead of just months? I can't find it on blogger but maybe it is just cause I have a MAC and am not able to do half the things with blogger as I would be able to with a PC.

Buck,

Get movin' already! Come on now--are you really going to let Boggs show you up (Cavuto,Hugh Hewitt, Bill Kristol...) :-)


Hope you have enjoyed your "down time", though from what I read on the Sgt.'s blog, you sound a little bored these days. Looking forward to all things Buck on the new site!

True, Tim has been schooling my old ass media-wise as of late. However, Boggs is like a jello-shot -- quick and easily digestible. I'm more of a fine wine. You may not know exactly what it is you're drinking, but you know when it's good. And like any fine wine, it's best when aged and allowed to breathe.

Besides, I'm having way too much fun playing around with my website right now to bother actually writing anything new. Sheesh!

(Actually, I should have something new up by the weekend hopefully).

Thank you Buck for all the work you have put into this site. Really looks good and we are looking forward to more of the great writing and insight from you. The photos are great as well. Nice addition. And it is all easy to read and understand for us dummies out here. You are appreciated by many and hopefully will be discovered by many more...soon. Don't knock word of mouth and email power.
A&N

Glad you still plan to stay active with your blog. You did well while deployed, and I'm sure you will have a lot to offer in the future, too. Hope everything back home is as good as you imagined.

Lookin' GOOD, Buck! Can't wait to see what else you're going to with the site.

Just stopping by to say hi and see what's been added. Hope your enjoying home one heck of a lot!

Go ahead and make another analogy to explain away your lack of work.

Um, it's like when you join the Reserves but end up spending the majority of your time on active duty anyway... no wait, I forgot we're talking about ME here...

Boggs....Don't you know ya don't pull on Superman's cape and ya don't mess around with Buck. You guys are a great team...You are Buck's straight man, Tim. We love it. You are both...the best!

Yes, they ARE both the best. We are really lucky.

Buck...

I'm liking the new look, ALOT! I'll do a much better job at dropping in from time to time. While I get to see the Army up close and personal every day (and every day of the past 26.something years) I like your spin on things. I'd definitely share a foxhole with you, but preferably a beer!

See you on the high ground, welcome home and thanks for following in the boot prints.

MajorDad1984

Great new look!!

Looking good, Buck, looking good! I love your changes.

So the "old war horse" is calling it quits! Well, you sure did earn a rest. You sure have put in your time too. Thank you seems like so little to say to a soldier who has given so much; but, it is all I can do or say.

Thank you, Buck, for your service,your sacrifices, your insight into the war, your down to earth and wonderful words put down for ua all to read. Thank your family to for all their sacrifices, which I know were many.

God Bless you and yours. May your life and theirs be filled with paece and happiness!

God Bless'

Devildog6771

I like the darker font and the large size - so much easier on my "old" eyes!!!

hey,
I am a high school student in Houston Texas and i am doing a research paper involving treatment of Iraqi civilians by American soldiers. Can you help me by answering some questions or directing me to some of your previous blogs? Thanks. Go Longhorns!

Post a Comment

"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it, nothing can succeed." -- Abraham Lincoln